murphy girl

19 March 2006

feet

here are my feet....i'm not a fan of feet, but definately am a fan of visually studying things(anything, as it turns out). and one day, obviously bored, i studied my feet on the coffeetable in front of me. this led me to paint them in watercolor, laugh at my stupidness when finished, and eventually add this silly sticker to the image (don't know where i got the sticker, this was painted at least 4 years ago). to top it off, i stuck it in the edge of my mirror, so i saw it every day. well, eventually i took it down, but didn't have the heart to get rid of it, i liked it so much. the pitiful reason for this is that (gulp) this is the best watercolor painting i have ever done! yes, sad but true, because this isn't so grand either! but i have never had any skill or talent with watercolor, only occasional luck. but this one...this wasn't luck! sad, again. anyway, it brought a huge smile to my face today when i found it!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Discover something that makes you smile, then be proud that you're the creator. Keep up the great work. A friend in art, Heather

19 March, 2006 21:27  
Blogger gudbrandsdottir said...

Great watercolour, very accurate!

20 March, 2006 02:09  
Blogger The Unknown said...

It really is a great watercolor. Fun story too.
love

20 March, 2006 03:14  
Blogger georg said...

I do understand, that you're proud of your drawing, it's really great! Be proud of your foot, too..

20 March, 2006 03:50  
Blogger Lou said...

I think you did great with this. It brought a smile to my face, too. Great job!

20 March, 2006 07:37  
Blogger Abbie said...

Excellent study!! You did a fantastic job. I'm not a fan of feet either, but this is a great take!

20 March, 2006 10:39  
Blogger Suzan said...

Great painting. very nice.

20 March, 2006 11:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great painting Leeble. It's very different style from your line drawings. I looks like your foot too.

20 March, 2006 23:39  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

Real nice, looks like you have much potential with watercolor, love the button you added.

21 March, 2006 12:08  
Blogger kelly rae said...

you should keep it out for a bit! love the the colors and the lighting. really fantastic.

22 March, 2006 21:54  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

The sticker really makes this a completely different piece than it would otherwise - it adds humor! Your watercolor skills are something to be proud of. I checked out your tattoo illustration which I love! Terrific job on the lettering, swirls and the banner. You have a way with lines! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll check back with you as well!

23 March, 2006 11:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home